Acquire Care Ltd.’s Statement of Purpose
We supply helpful and friendly care to adults who need support and help to live in their own homes. All the care packages are tailored to the Client’s needs with the aim to enhance independence.
Definitions and Interpretation.
In the Statements of Purpose, the following definitions and interpretations apply:
- The word Client(s) also means Service User(s)
- Words using the singular include the plural
- Words using the masculine gender only include the feminine gender
1. Aims and Objectives
Acquire Care Ltd. supplies helpful and friendly care to adults who need support and help to live in their own homes. All the care packages are tailored to the Client’s needs with the aim to enhance independence.
It is Acquire Care Ltd.’s policy to always listen to the needs and wishes of the Client, both at the initial assessment and then at regular reviews. In this way the Client is actively involved in creating the care package that is required.
Acquire Care Ltd. provides services in the home of the Client whenever required and in the manner requested. Every care plan is fully adaptable to meet the ever-changing needs of the Client. No detail is too small to warrant a change. It is realised that the small attentions to detail are important to Clients and therefore it is essential that all wishes and preferences of Clients are noted and considered. Acquire Care Ltd. develop the care plans to be outcome driven and therefore are created with flexibility to suit the individual. Acquire Care Ltd.’s policies and procedures are written in compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008, the Care Act 2014 and the Care Quality Commission’s Essential Standards of Quality and Safety. At all times, Acquire Care Ltd. believes that the rights of the Client are paramount.
2. Nature of the Services Provided
Acquire Care Ltd. exists to bring helpful and friendly care services to Clients living in their own homes. Registration with the Care Quality Commission enables Acquire Care Ltd. to provide care in the following regulated activity, as defined in the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
• Personal Care
Acquire Care Ltd. provide services to people in the following groups:
- Frail and vulnerable adults
- People with dementia
- People with mental health problems
- People who have physical disabilities
- People with sensory impairment
- People with illnesses (including end of life care)
- Adults who are recovering from illness
- Adults with learning difficulties
Acquire Care Ltd. provides:
- Home Care services to people living in Oxford and the surrounding areas between 07.00 and 22.00 hours.
- A sleeping/waking night service between 22.00 and 07.00 hours.
- Live-in Care.
Acquire Care Ltd. offers a variety of Home Care services tailored to meet individual needs. These include:
- Personal care and support (including getting up, toileting, bathing, washing and dressing)
- Overnight sleep-over stay/waking night
- Sitting and companionship support
- Overseeing medication
- Food/meals preparation
- Shopping/collecting prescriptions or pensions
- Dementia care
- Hospital discharge and support
- Rehabilitation aftercare at home
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Help with learning, physical and sensory disabilities
- Attend appointments
- Escorted outings
- Administrative tasks / form filling or letter writing
- Laundry and general housework
- Pet care/dog walking
- Gardening and home repairs
3. Support Objectives
All people who are supported by or work at Acquire Care Ltd. and all people who visit will be treated with respect at all times.
- The aim is to offer skilled care to enable people who the Company support to achieve their optimum state of health and well-being.
- To uphold the human and citizenship rights of all who are supported or work for the Company.
- Individual choice and personal decision-making are the right of all Clients and will be supported by all the people who work for the Company.
- The right of independence will be respected and encouraged for all Clients.
- The individual uniqueness of Clients and visitors will be recognised and they will be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- The individual requirement for privacy will be respected at all times and all information relating to individuals will be treated in a confidential manner.
To recognise the individual need for personal fulfilment and aim to offer individualised programmes of meaningful activity to satisfy the need of Clients.
Acquire Care Ltd. has a policy of promoting the maintenance of Clients’ normal social networks and social activities. The Client’s Care Plan includes a facility for recording life history, social networks and contacts as well as the preferences for activities and hobbies in order that the Client is offered access to those networks and activities which are appropriate and desired.
Records will be designed, used and stored so as to assure privacy. Legislative controls over records, such as GDPR and the Data Protection Act, will be adhered to, and the Client’s explicit permission in writing will be sought before information is passed to any person other than those directly concerned with the care of the Client.
Dignity is a matter of prime importance to the Company and all staff receive training in this area. Clients will be asked for the name by which they wish to be addressed and this name will be recorded on the Client’s Plan and used by all staff. Clients are perfectly entitled to ask that the principal carers use one name and others use another name. The level of familiarity is under the Client’s control. In the absence of information to the contrary, staff will address the Client formally, using their title and surname.
Staff are trained to be sensitive to Clients’ feelings when in company.
The Company seeks to reduce any feelings of vulnerability which Clients may have as a result of disability or illness.
4. Details of Registered Provider, Nominated Person and Registered Manager
Name: Acquire Care Ltd.
Address: Shotover Kilns, Shotover Hill, Headington, Oxford. OX3 8ST
Experience: Acquire Care Ltd. has experience of providing Personal Care and Social & Emotional Support.
Registered Manager and Nominated Person:
Name: Nicholas Boers
Address: Shotover Kilns, Shotover Hill, Headington, Oxford. OX3 8ST
Experience: Nicholas Boers has been Managing Director of the Domiciliary Care Agency since June 2010.
5. Staff Profile/Qualifications
A list of current staff and their qualifications is available on request. The staff allocated to support Clients will be chosen in order to match their skills with the Clients’ needs and also to minimise travelling distances.
New employees are inducted to the Care Certificate standards. Acquire Care Ltd. manage and train employees with the aim that all of the carers achieve RQF level 2 (previously known as QCF/NVQ). All other employees receive the training appropriate to their work, for example Food Hygiene for staff handling food.
All employees receive training in health and safety matters such as moving and handling, first aid, adult protection issues and a range of other matters.
6. Making a Complaint and Giving Compliments
It is believed that complaints and compliments are a valuable indicator of the quality of the service and an opportunity to improve that quality. Acquire Care Ltd. assure Clients that no-one will be victimised for making a complaint and it is encouraged that Clients instigate the complaints procedure whenever it is felt that this is necessary. It is not wished to confine complaints to major issues. Clients should comment when relatively minor matters are a problem to them, such as receiving cold food, being kept waiting without explanation or being spoken to in a manner that they do not like. It is the policy that all matters which disturb or upset a Client should be reported, recorded, and corrective action should be taken. Only in that way can we work towards meeting our aim of continuously improving our service. It is also good for the staff to be informed when their work has been appreciated.
The commitment is that:
- All complaints will be taken seriously
- All complaints will be acted upon with fairness and impartiality
- Clients are entitled to involve an impartial third party in the complaint procedure if they so wish.
Please inform Acquire Care Ltd. of your complaints or concerns first. However, Clients and their representatives may take their complaints to persons in authority outside the Company. For Clients funded all or in part by Social Services or the Primary Care Trust, complaints may be directed to them. For privately funded clients, a range of advocacy services are available locally and they will be happy to help you deal with the complaint.
The Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman (LGO) will not usually investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.
A serious concern can also be raised by contacting the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board.
In the event of a serious issue and complaint, the CQC can be contacted as well as Acquire Care Ltd.
Social and Health Care Team (previously known as The Access Team)
PO Box 780, Oxford. OX1 9GX
Tel: 0345 050 7666
Care Quality Commission
Care Quality Commission National Correspondence Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne. NE1 4PA
Tel: 03000 616161
Fax: 03000 616171
Local Primary Care Trust
Jubilee House, 5510 John Smith Drive, Oxford Business Park, South Cowley, Oxford. OX4 2LH
Tel: 01865 336 800
The Local Government Ombudsman
PO Box 4771, Coventry. CV4 0EH
Tel: 0300 061 0614
Fax: 024 7682 0001
Clients have the right to access external agents who will act in their interests to help them solve problems, discuss concerns etc. The Registered Manager will be happy to provide information on local advocacy groups and other support networks.
Some of those currently known to us are:
Age UK Oxfordshire
9, Napier Court
Barton Lane, Abingdon. OX14 3YT
Tel: 0345 450 1276
Mencap (Royal Mencap Society)
123 Golden Lane, London. EC1Y 0RT
Tel: 020 7454 0454
2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford. OX2 0DP
Tel: 01865 263730
7. Safeguarding Information
Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
Abbey House, Abbey Close, Abingdon. Oxford. OX14 3JD
Tel: 01865 263730
To report a concern: https://www.osab.co.uk/public/reporting-concerns/
Tel: 01865 328232
Acquire Care Ltd. is currently insured through Zurich Insurance PLC.
Dated 4th May 2022 © Acquire Care Ltd.
Registered with the Care Quality Commission. Company Registration Number 7262765