Sitting and Companionship Support
Many people do not need a lot of help in the house or with personal care but would like someone to be there as a companion to support them with certain activities.
They wish to have someone to share an interest with, to visit them or help with the shopping for example. Some people do not receive regular visitors but would like to. Perhaps they would feel safer if someone calls to say ‘hello’ and sees if everything is all right.
If you feel that you would like a regular visitor to sit with you, have a chat or help you with a hobby or interest, please let us know as we can help. One of our carers will call and accompany you where you wish to go or sit with you and spend quality time with you. They will become a familiar trusted friendly face to help and share in your interests and also offer companionship.
Also, if family members cannot always be with you and worry about leaving you alone, Acquire Care can visit when they have to go out. By having someone who calls when expected, people feel happier and have something to look forward to. Sharing a hobby or having a friendly chat can make someone’s day special. If you would like someone to help with:
- Walking the dog
- Going to collect the pension or visiting the bank
- Shopping for food, clothes or other items
- Going to leisure activities
- Enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- Company and help while doing crafts or hobbies
- Playing cards, chess, draughts or similar
- Going to a day service
- Visiting a community centre
- Using public transport
- Company and transport for doctor and hospital appointments
- Coping with tradesmen or how to operate certain equipment
- Paying bills and understanding financial documents
- Getting funding advice or help with claiming benefits
It’s your choice how much and what kind of companionship support you have and how often you want it. The above are only examples – please ask us about your personal needs.