Most people need a break or holiday sometime. No matter how committed you are to looking after a loved one, it is very important to also look after yourself. We are here to help if you have planned a holiday but look after someone.
Caring for a loved one can be physically and mentally demanding. It is much more than purely handling the day-to-day tasks. The emotional strain can take its toll, especially when caring for a loved one for long periods at a time.
With respite care, a helpful and friendly carer steps in to care for your loved one while you have a break. Acquire Care can arrange for a fully trained carer to look after your loved one whilst you are away. It means you can have some personal time before returning home, fresh and renewed.
Respite care can either be provided through:
- Live-in Care – where the carer lives in your house, offering support and company day and night
- Hourly Care – if you need some extra support for a just a few hours each day
Our friendly carer will do all the things you normally do. They can live in the home with your loved one or attend on a visiting basis – your tailored care plan will be fully discussed and agreed with you.
Your carer’s daily tasks could involve:
- Nursing care needs such as catheter or continence support
- Mobility support by helping your loved one move around the house
- Overseeing medication
- Ongoing companionship and emotional support
- Cooking meals and fetching the food shopping
- Housekeeping, including washing and drying clothes
- Arranging visits out, for a break or to see family and friends
- Feeding and caring for pets if you have any
If you feel that it will do you good to have a break, please contact Acquire Care and let us help you enjoy your well-earned holiday.